Thursday, 12 January 2017

Mohun and De Tracy Family

While ​researching my medieval family history I have found numerous examples of the loss of reputation, land and wealth - all that has taken one generation to accumulate, taken away by the next. The de Tracy and the Mohun family are just one example. During the reign of King Stephen, the ancestors of William de Tracy, one of the murderers of Thomas Becket, feature in my family history, they benefited from the downfall of my ancestors, the Mohuns.



The de Tracy's held at least two baronies in Devon, that of Barnstaple and Bradninch. The Mohuns held the barony of Dunster in Somerset.

My blog continues on my website at

http://meanderingthroughtime.weebly.com/history-blog/family-history-the-mohun-and-de-tracy-families

No comments:

Post a Comment